Friday, April 16, 2010

top of the morning to you

And it certainly is much brighter than it was last night.

I'm currently googling and looking through books for make up ideas, as I'm doing my cousin's formal make up this afternoon. I'm really excited to do it, because make up isn't a far cry from painting, and is somewhat creative.

She's wearing a silver dress and has beautiful pale skin, blue eyes and brown/blonde hair, so I'm going for make up like this: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1nJLxBAkDy4/Soi1DL82JpI/AAAAAAAAX_Y/i6tZrdrDQmY/bridal-make-up-001.jpg

Running with the fashion theme of today's post, I've decided that if I was
a) a celebrity
or
b) obnoxiously wealthy
or
c) in possession of a genie and granted 3 wishes
I would be wearing Marchesa.
Their dresses are just so beautiful, it's no wonder they are a red carpet hit despite only being founded six years ago. Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig started the label fresh ou
t of Art College ( kudos) and named it after the eccentric European Socialite Marchesa Luisa Casati. Cool, no?

These are my favourites, a mix from Marchesa and Notte by Marchesa ready to wear found at net-a-porter.com and from the red carpet.



I love the dresses because they are feminine and glamourous, without being boring at all. I have little else to say other that I am in love, and will one day own something Marchesa.
Marchesa is also a favourite of Blake Lively, Sienna Miller and Diane Kruger, to name a few.





























No comments:

Post a Comment