Monday, June 7, 2010

wandering down the garden path...


My posts might take a bit of a different path over the next little bit. I say "little bit" because I don't know how long it will be for.

This blog was intended to be about creativity in all of its facets that I enjoy. Art, fashion, music, design.

But at the moment I'm pulling other things to the top of the priority list, as I sort my mind out a bit. I sometimes think of one's mind like a garden, and all the beautiful flowers and plants you grow are your ideas and experiences, and creative projects. All of these beautiful things that start out as little seeds , little ideas, that you think about consciously and subconsciously, you put time into, and they grow into beautiful things.

However, sometimes, especially when you are doing a lot of growing and garden work, if you're careless, weeds pop up all over the place. A seed that falls astray here, rogue plants that pop up there, and all of a sudden you have a thicket of weeds among your flowers. Sometimes they even strangle your flowers. And then your garden isn't really a pleasant place to be, but it's kind of a muddle, and a mess. The weeds creep in from the edges and take over, creating swamps and so on and so forth.

So you have to clear out the weeds, do some pruning and freshen up the soil. Then you can start planting again.


So, in real terms, I'm clearing out the crap, decluttering and rethinking where my mind's at, how I'm feeling and where I want to go. It can be a somewhat boring process, but it's just part of the mindcycle I think.

I'm not sure how much of it I'll post about, this post is largely just to let you know that if I stop posting about creative things, it won't be for too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment