Saturday, June 5, 2010

beach-lounging & wave-frolicking


I really want to try something different. I don't know what yet, but I just need a change from this routine.

I'm getting very restless. This happens intermittently, kind of as if my mood and feelings have seasons, that don't follow a timely pattern exactly, but are just reflective of whatever is going on in my thoughts and in my life at a certain point in time. Follows a pattern to an extent, but its an unusual rhythm. It's time for another shake up.
http://www.xenophilius.wordpress.com/

The last few weeks I've had this strange desire to go swimming, obviously in a heated pool, because it's freaking freezing swimming in Winter. I don't even normally like swimming that much, I'm more of a beach-lounger and wave-frolicker than a deep sea diver. But how far does beach lounging get you? You laze around the edge, observing all and occasionally playing a game of volleyball. You soak up the surrounding culture, watching the world go bye. But as valuable as being a cultural sponge is, when do you start living?
When do you become a part of the many pieces that make up the total picture?

i have no urge to go deep sea diving, but I'd really like a swim.





I'm sitting at the dining room table, surrounded by un-read study notes, armed with my new taupe nailpolish and a can of whipped cream. Don't get me wrong, I love the taupe. But whipped cream by itself, really? Whattt am I doing with myself. That's not even a dessert, thats a topping. Eating it by itself is delicious, but kinda gross.

My muscles have been very stiff lately, I need to do some yoga and I'd kill for a massage right now.

I just want to go somewhere I've never been before, even if it's a little strange or a little scary. Just to feel really alive, you know? Something that challenges me, and opens my eyes.

I've spent the last 17 years being a spicy food wimp, but I've even gotten really into spicy food recently, just for a change.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment