Tuesday, June 15, 2010

firing on all cylinders

There is so many interesting things going on at the moment, I almost don't know where to start. In between seeing friends etc, I've been :

# learning Spanish using a podcast I found on openculture.com
#spending excessive amounts of time on Vogue.com.au lusting over A/W 2010 shows and drooling over S/S 10/11 shows
# reading the illustrated version of the Da Vinci Code (I'm not stupid, it just has relevant historical illustrations THANKYOU MYLES)
#Reading other things from my reading pile

1.The Picture of Dorian Gray
2. Aid and Other Dirty Business - Giles Bolton
3. 365 - I just use it to write ideas in, especially helpful when I get an idea in the middle of the night or as I'm falling asleep.
4.Clean Breaks - travel. Drooool.
5. The Complete Photo Guide to Sewing - little dress here I come
6. RUSSH
7. The Complete Kodak Book of Photography


# Drawing and sketching
# Swearing at my camera for working for a day, and then breaking again
# Spending time with Myles :)
# Planning my room


It's slightly annoying that we're stuck with A/W 2010 when Spring /Summer 2010/11 looks so. damn. good., but I'm trying to make the most of Winter, since a lot of it is pretty cute.

I had a great belt that fitted my waist perfectly, (lucky, as it only had one size), that was a hand-me-down from Mum, from when she did Girls Guides. She was 7 at the time, but I think it went around her hips. I can't find it at the moment, but the skinny little waist belt is going to be a big part of my winter clothing.

More on winter clothing later.

Myles and I went to Mado on the weekend for dinner, which is a Turkish restaurant in Southbank. I wish my camera had been working then, because the Turkish decor was so fun. I like it when places go nuts on the decor, rather than playing it safe.



I had Iskender, which was Alexander the Great's favourite meal, according to the menu. Probably his only option, but it was delish.
The Cheese Pide was also realllly good, which is what Myles had.

Dad brought this home for me from the farmers markets on the weekend, some sort of crunch cinnamon swirl filled with apple thing.


I love cinnamon. It is also surprisingly great with pasta and cheese.

xx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you !!
    I never liked Mondays before ;D

    I actually never ate cinnamon with pasta or cheese but for some reason it sounds good ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like a Picture of Dorian Gray?
    I couldn't get into it, I don't know why.

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that looks like a great treat! I love cinnamon apple thingy's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the picture of dorian gray. I've been dying to get my hands on a copy of Russh, but they're hard to come by in the states. And that turkish restaurant looks AMAZING! I need to find one pronto, or just fulfill my dream of actually going to turkey!

    ReplyDelete