Thursday, June 2, 2011

gastronimical resolution.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

I really haven't eaten very well lately. Too many breakfasts of bacon & eggs in a rush, or toast, or today my meals actually consisted entirely of milo until dinner time. Too much fast food, not enough fruit and vegetables. Eating has become an afterthought.

I want to put a little more time and effort into my meals. Actually sit down, and do nothing else while eating so I can enjoy it. The number of meals I've scoffed down as my eyes have been locked onto my computer screen is a little worrying.

This isn't even neccessarily about super lean, fat free carb free breakfasts that fit through a straw, but just being a conscious eater. Even if its rich and creamy a small portion of that which I take time out to enjoy before my busy day starts is more welcome than nothing at all.

Jennifer Causey's mouth-watering blog Simply Breakfast has granted plenty of inspiration:




No comments:

Post a Comment